Weekly Economic Update: March 10-14, 2014

Mar 17 2014

Associated Image

The U.S. Treasury budget deficit came in at $193.5 billion for February. Retail sales increased 0.3% in February. Business inventories increased 0.4% in January. The producer price index fell 0.1% in February while core PPI fell 0.2%. Initial jobless claims fell 9,000 to 315,000 for the week ended 3/8.

• The U.S. Treasury budget deficit came in at $193.5 billion for February. The decline in spending and rising receipts resulted in the lower-than-expected deficit.

• Retail sales increased 0.3% in February. Both sales less autos and sales less autos & gas were also up 0.3%.

• Business inventories increased 0.4% in January.

• The producer price index fell 0.1% in February while core PPI fell 0.2%. Year-on-year, overall PPI is up 0.9%, while the core is up 1.1%.

• Initial jobless claims fell 9,000 to 315,000 for the week ended March 8th.

Bookmark and Share