- Sep 18 Newsroom Podcast: Making it More Affordable to Raise a Family
- Sep 05 Research Long-Term Trends in Deaths of Despair
- Aug 02 Newsroom Chairman Lee on July's Strong Employment Numbers
- Jul 26 Newsroom JEC Chairman Lee on Second Quarter GDP Growth
- Jul 05 Newsroom Chairman Lee on the Longest Economic Expansion on Record
- Sep 18 Press Releases Rep. Maloney Highlights Staggering Cost of Gun Violence in Hearing, Report
- Sep 18 Press Releases JEC Report Shows Over $200 Billion Human, Economic Cost of Gun Violence
- Sep 17 Press Releases Vice Chair Maloney to Hold Press Conference, Hearing on Gun Violence
- Sep 12 Fact Sheets The U.S. Economy by the Numbers - September 12, 2019
- Sep 10 Press Releases JEC Hearing Focused on Making It Easier to Raise a Family
State Unemployment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment edged up in May (+75,000), and the unemployment rate remained at 3.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported June 7, 2019.
Gross Domestic Product
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 3.1 percent in the first quarter of 2019, according to the “second” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the fourth quarter of 2018, real GDP increased 2.2 percent.
U.S. Jobless Claims
In the week ending June 15, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claimswas 216,000, a decrease of 6,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 222,000. The 4-week moving average was 218,750, an increase of 1,000 from the previous week'sunrevised average of 217,750.