- May 08 Newsroom The Social Capitalists Podcast: Expanding Opportunity by Strengthening Fami...
- May 03 Newsroom Chairman Lee: Our Economy is Showing Remarkable Strength
- Apr 30 Research The Wealth of Relations
- Apr 26 Newsroom JEC Chairman Lee Welcomes Solid First Quarter GDP Growth
- Apr 24 Research Losing Our Minds: Brain Drain across the United States
- May 20 Press Releases Hearing to Focus on Economic Impacts of the 2020 Census
- May 16 Fact Sheets U.S. Economy by the Numbers
- May 03 Press Releases Vice Chair Maloney’s Statement on April Jobs Report
- May 02 Press Releases Vice Chair Maloney’s Statement on Stephen Moore
- May 01 Press Releases Vice Chair Maloney’s Statement on Federal Reserve Press Conference
State Employment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 263,000 in April, and the unemployment rate declined to 3.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported May 3, 2019.
Gross Domestic Product
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 3.2 percent in the first quarter of 2019, according to the “advance” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the fourth quarter of 2018, real GDP increased 2.2 percent.
U.S. Jobless Claims
In the week ending May 4, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 228,000, a decrease of 2,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 230,000. The 4-week moving average was 220,250, an increase of 7,750 from the previous week's unrevised average of 212,500.