- Feb 20 Research Update: Deaths Of Despair Declined In 2018
- Feb 07 Newsroom Chairman Lee on January's Employment Numbers
- Jan 30 Newsroom JEC Chairman Lee on Fourth Quarter GDP Growth
- Jan 10 Newsroom Chairman Lee on December's Employment Numbers
- Dec 18 Research The Space Between: Renewing the American Tradition of Civil Society
- Feb 20 Press Releases Vice Chair Beyer: Economic Report of the President Ignores Major Economic C...
- Feb 14 Press Releases Vice Chair Don Beyer Releases Report on the Economic Status of Black Ameri...
- Feb 07 Press Releases Vice Chair Beyer: Overall Jobs Gains Mask Weakness in Manufacturing
- Jan 30 Press Releases Rep. Beyer Says GDP Report Shows that Brief Sugar High Is Over
- Jan 28 Press Releases Rep. Don Beyer Statement on CBO Report
State Unemployment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 225,000 in January, and the unemployment rate was little changed at 3.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 2.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2019, according to the “advance” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
In the week ending February 15, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 210,000, an increase of 4,000 from the previous week's revised level. The previous week's level was revised up by 1,000 from 205,000 to 206,000. The 4-week moving average was 209,000, a decrease of 3,250 from the previous week's revised average. The previous week's average was revised up by 250 from 212,000 to 212,250.