- Aug 07 Newsroom Chairman Lee on July's Employment Numbers
- Jul 30 Newsroom JEC Chairman Lee on Second Quarter GDP Report
- Jul 23 Research The Demise of the Happy Two-Parent Home
- Jul 02 Newsroom Chairman Lee on June's Employment Numbers
- Jun 25 Research More Research Confirms Importance of Social Capital in Studying Coronavirus
- Aug 07 Press Releases Vice Chair Beyer on July Jobs Report: “This is no reason for a victory lap ...
- Aug 06 Press Releases Vice Chair Beyer on UI Claims: “Senate Republicans are playing games with p...
- Jul 30 Press Releases Vice Chair Beyer on Second Quarter GDP, UI Claims: “I am not sure what more...
- Jul 30 Press Releases State and Local Governments Face Over $900 Billion in Combined Shortfalls
- Jul 27 Press Releases Beyer, Kilmer Introduce Unemployment Legislation Amid Lapse In Benefits
State Unemployment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 4.8 million in June, and the unemployment rate declined to 11.1 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Real gross domestic product (GDP) decreased at an annual rate of 32.9 percent in the second quarter of 2020, according to the “advance” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
In the week ending August 1, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 1,186,000, a decrease of 249,000 from the previous week's revised level. The previous week's level was revised up by 1,000 from 1,434,000 to 1,435,000. The 4-week moving average was 1,337,750, a decrease of 31,000 from the previous week's revised average. The previous week's average was revised up by 250 from 1,368,500 to 1,368,750.