- Jun 07 Newsroom Chairman Lee: The Economy Remains Fundamentally Resilient
- May 28 Newsroom Podcast: The Economic Impacts of the 2020 Census and Business Uses of Feder...
- May 08 Newsroom Podcast: Expanding Opportunity by Strengthening Families, Communities, and ...
- May 07 Newsroom Podcast: The Importance of Social Capital with JEC Chairman Mike Lee
- May 03 Newsroom Chairman Lee: Our Economy is Showing Remarkable Strength
- Jun 14 Fact Sheets Ten Facts for Father's Day
- Jun 13 Fact Sheets The U.S. Economy by the Numbers – June 2019
- Jun 07 Press Releases Vice Chair Maloney’s Statement on May Jobs Report
- Jun 07 Fact Sheets The Economic Benefits of Birth Control and Access to Family Planning
- May 22 Press Releases Joint Economic Committee Hearing Focused on Business Uses of 2020 Census
State Employment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 263,000 in April, and the unemployment rate declined to 3.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported May 3, 2019.
Gross Domestic Product
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 3.2 percent in the first quarter of 2019, according to the “advance” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the fourth quarter of 2018, real GDP increased 2.2 percent.
U.S. Jobless Claims
In the week ending May 4, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 228,000, a decrease of 2,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 230,000. The 4-week moving average was 220,250, an increase of 7,750 from the previous week's unrevised average of 212,500.