- Aug 02 Newsroom Chairman Lee on July's Strong Employment Numbers
- Jul 26 Newsroom JEC Chairman Lee on Second Quarter GDP Growth
- Jul 05 Newsroom Chairman Lee on the Longest Economic Expansion on Record
- Jun 07 Newsroom Chairman Lee: The Economy Remains Fundamentally Resilient
- May 28 Newsroom Podcast: The Economic Impacts of the 2020 Census and Business Uses of Feder...
- Aug 14 Press Releases Vice Chair Maloney Releases Report on Retirement Insecurity
- Aug 07 Fact Sheets The U.S. Economy by the Numbers – August 7, 2019
- Aug 02 Press Releases Vice Chair Maloney’s Statement on July Jobs Report
- Jul 26 Press Releases Vice Chair Maloney’s Statement on Second-Quarter GDP
- Jul 25 Press Releases Vice Chair Maloney’s Statement on Treasury Official Monica Crowley
State Unemployment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment edged up in May (+75,000), and the unemployment rate remained at 3.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported June 7, 2019.
Gross Domestic Product
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 3.1 percent in the first quarter of 2019, according to the “second” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the fourth quarter of 2018, real GDP increased 2.2 percent.
U.S. Jobless Claims
In the week ending June 15, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claimswas 216,000, a decrease of 6,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 222,000. The 4-week moving average was 218,750, an increase of 1,000 from the previous week'sunrevised average of 217,750.