- Feb 27 Newsroom Podcast: Improving Family Stability for the Wellbeing of American Children
- Feb 20 Research Update: Deaths Of Despair Declined In 2018
- Feb 07 Newsroom Chairman Lee on January's Employment Numbers
- Jan 30 Newsroom JEC Chairman Lee on Fourth Quarter GDP Growth
- Jan 10 Newsroom Chairman Lee on December's Employment Numbers
- Mar 27 Press Releases Vice Chair Statement on Passage of Third Coronavirus Stimulus Package
- Mar 26 Press Releases VC Beyer: Unprecedented UI Claims “Far Worse” Than Great Recession
- Mar 19 Press Releases The Hill: We need a massive economic response to counter the threat of the ...
- Mar 17 Press Releases Vice Chair Beyer on Yahoo Finance: Economic Response to Coronavirus is “URG...
- Mar 15 Press Releases Vice Chair Beyer: Bold Move By Fed Underscores Economic Threat
State Unemployment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 273,000 in February, and the unemployment rate was little changed at 3.5 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 2.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2019, according to the “second” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
In the week ending March 7, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 211,000, a decrease of 4,000 from the previous week's revised level. The previous week's level was revised down by 1,000 from 216,000 to 215,000. The 4-week moving average was 214,000, an increase of 1,250 from the previous week's revised average. The previous week's average was revised down by 250 from 213,000 to 212,750.