- Jan 10 Newsroom Chairman Lee on December's Employment Numbers
- Dec 18 Research The Space Between: Renewing the American Tradition of Civil Society
- Dec 10 Research Multiple Choice: Increasing Pluralism in the American Education System
- Dec 06 Newsroom Chairman Lee on November's Employment Numbers
- Nov 21 Newsroom Podcast: Connecting More People to Work
- Jan 16 Press Releases Rep. Don Beyer Elected Vice Chair of Joint Economic Committee
- Jan 14 Press Releases Speaker Pelosi Taps Beyer to Lead Joint Economic Committee
- Dec 20 Press Releases Rep. Maloney: Study Shows 2017 Tax Cuts Failed to Deliver Economic Boost
- Dec 06 Press Releases Rep. Maloney Says Labor Market Strong Despite Trump’s Erratic Policies
- Nov 13 Press Releases Rep. Maloney Focuses on Inequality in Hearing with Fed Chairman Powell
State Unemployment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 145,000 in December, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 3.5 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Gross Domestic Product
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 2.1 percent in the third quarter of 2019, according to the “third” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
U.S. Jobless Claims
In the week ending January 11, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 204,000, a decrease of 10,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 214,000. The 4-week moving average was 216,250, a decrease of 7,750 from the previous week's unrevised average of 224,000.