- Nov 12 Research Zoned Out: How School and Residential Zoning Limit Educational Opportunity
- Nov 03 Research Reforming the Charitable Deduction
- Nov 01 Newsroom Chairman Lee on October's Employment Numbers
- Oct 30 Newsroom JEC Chairman Lee on Third Quarter GDP Growth
- Oct 16 Research Measuring Income Concentration – A Guide for the Confused
- Nov 13 Press Releases Rep. Maloney Focuses on Inequality in Hearing with Fed Chairman Powell
- Nov 01 Press Releases Rep. Maloney Says Job Market Is Weathering Trump’s Self-Inflicted Wounds
- Oct 30 Press Releases Rep. Carolyn Maloney Says GDP Report Confirms Economic Slowdown
- Oct 21 Press Releases Rep. Maloney: New Report Shows Gun Access Is Driving Suicide Epidemic
- Oct 16 Press Releases Commerce, Congress Taking New Steps to Measure Inequality
State Unemployment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment edged up in May (+75,000), and the unemployment rate remained at 3.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported June 7, 2019.
Gross Domestic Product
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 3.1 percent in the first quarter of 2019, according to the “second” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the fourth quarter of 2018, real GDP increased 2.2 percent.
U.S. Jobless Claims
In the week ending June 15, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claimswas 216,000, a decrease of 6,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 222,000. The 4-week moving average was 218,750, an increase of 1,000 from the previous week'sunrevised average of 217,750.