- Dec 06 Newsroom Chairman Lee on November's Employment Numbers
- Nov 21 Newsroom Podcast: Connecting More People to Work
- Nov 12 Research Zoned Out: How School and Residential Zoning Limit Educational Opportunity
- Nov 03 Research Reforming the Charitable Deduction
- Nov 01 Newsroom Chairman Lee on October's Employment Numbers
- Dec 06 Press Releases Rep. Maloney Says Labor Market Strong Despite Trump’s Erratic Policies
- Nov 13 Press Releases Rep. Maloney Focuses on Inequality in Hearing with Fed Chairman Powell
- Nov 01 Press Releases Rep. Maloney Says Job Market Is Weathering Trump’s Self-Inflicted Wounds
- Oct 30 Press Releases Rep. Carolyn Maloney Says GDP Report Confirms Economic Slowdown
- Oct 21 Press Releases Rep. Maloney: New Report Shows Gun Access Is Driving Suicide Epidemic
State Unemployment Data
Latest Economic Data
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 266,000 in November, and the unemployment rate was little changed at 3.5 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Gross Domestic Product
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased at an annual rate of 2.1 percent in the third quarter of 2019, according to the "second" estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
U.S. Jobless Claims
The Department of Labor reported that in the week ending November 30, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 203,000, a decrease of 10,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 213,000. The 4-week moving average was 217,750, a decrease of 2,000 from the previous week's unrevised average of 219,750.